Title: Are Sports Celebrities Overpaid?
1. Players who made it to higher levels do not stay around for very long.
2. Most elite players are rich as they are well compensated
3. Athletes are simply using their god-given talents to play a child’s game.
4. A baseball team’s payroll can produce a Hollywood movie with a few famous stars.
5. The elite performers in every industry are well compensated.
6. Athletes are entertainers.
7. They are paid for the time taken to polish their skills.
8. Actors and singers work at their craft but athletes use their god-given talents to play a child’s game.
9. Athletes practice since they were young to hone their raw gifts into talents.Summary
I think that sports athletes are not over paid as players who make it to higher levels do not stay around for very long. Athletes are like entertainers, paid for the time taken to polish their skills. They simply use their god-given talents to play a child’s game. They practice since they were young to hone their raw gifts into talents. The cost of and athletic team and Hollywood movie is the same. Most elite players are rich as they are well compensated. In fact, every elite performer in every industry are well compensated and not only the elite players.
Paragraph writing:Para 1 :
Elite sports athletes are extremely overpaid and this could lead to corruption in sports. Athletes may take drugs to outperform the opponent, being tempted by the prize money, or sometimes bribed to win. Athletes who take drugs to outperform the opponent, they using underhand means to win the game and this is no sportsmanship. Athletes may also bribe the opposing team to purposely lose to them to get the prize money. Athletes may even stoop to underhand means to win the game, so they will get the trophy or prize.
Overpaying athletes leads to high ambitions among coaches and parents. In the end, a talented or gifted child will suffer. Talented children in sports are good. But if the parents start training the child rigorously at a young age, he might suffer in the end. Players who made it to higher levels do not stay around for very long so what’s the point of training the child at a young age? Once they hit a certain age, they are not considered as athletes by the society as they are too aged. High expectations from coaches and parents lead to higher chances of them feeling more disappointed when the players lose the game. When coaches and parents put the child to training at a tender age, he might not be able to focus on his studies and become a sportsman. But when he is aged and not recognised as an athlete, he can no longer earn his keep through the prize money.